Due to the size difference, it’s recommended that you specify your height, weight, bust, waist and hip size in the order notes when placing the order, so we can double check the size and provide you with some suggestion. We will email you if the size you chose does not seem suitable. Please check your inbox or spam folder within the following two days after placing the order for the possible notice.
There are some guidelines to be considered when purchasing your next cheongsam dress:
- Most of the size charts on RedChineseDress.com are using the garment measurements, instead of the body measurements.
- Each style of dress from RedChineseDress.com may has it’s own size chart.
- Standard deviation/error range of the regular ready-to-wear garment product is 1-3cm.
- We usually add 2cm+ to our body measurements to choose the suitable size of a traditional Chinese sheath dress. It will give us some room for movement.
- Tight sheath dress made with certain material are easy to be torn apart such as brocade or 100% silk.
- It’s always easier to down size a dress than to make it bigger.
- On average, 2-4 fittings are required by any custom made tailor service, before the garment is completed depending on complexity of design.